When you have issues uploading switches or when you have issues uploading devices via FTP, check if the VDogUpload.exe is configured as an allowed program in your Firewall properly.
Here are the steps to configure VDogUpload.exe as an allowed program in your Firewall:
- Search for Firewall in the start menu.
- You’ll be directed to the “Allow a program through Windows Firewall” window.
- Click “allow another program…”
- Click “Browse…”
- The default path to VDogUpload.exe is: C:\Program Files (x86)\vdogServer
- Click “Open.”
- VDogUpload.exe will appear in the Firewall menu. Click “Add.”
- VDogUpload.exe is now allowed by the Windows Firewall.
Here are step-by-step instructions with screenshots of the process:
1. Search for Firewall in the start menu.